As I considered a name for this blog the thought hit me to call it
BLESSING 4 FATHERS.. as it has four meanings...

God Himself is our FORE-FATHER..
All things that were made were made by Him.
In His hands are even the four corners of the earth, so I believe our first blessing needs to
go to the one who went before us and created us for His pleasure.

I want this to be a place where fathers with children can find solace
and perhaps some answers and prayer for difficult questions.

I also believe this will be a place where fathers in the faith who are
discipling other men can share their thoughts and wisdom

This is also a place where we can share about our forefathers.. those who went
before us and paid the price.. and for all men who desire to be overcomers.






A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval .... Mark Twain


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A FATHER'S LETTER TO HIS SON


This word was sent to me years ago written by my dear friend.. I thought with Father's Day coming up this weekend, it would be appropriate to post. By the way, my friend Jo Ann has just opened two blogs. Please stop by and get acquainted with her, she is a darling!

http://simplysonshine.blogspot.com/


and

http://honeyfromhome.blogspot.com/


Dear Donna:
This morning as I was spending time with the Lord He gave me the following letter for one of my sons - since He wants to bring many sons unto glory (daughters too), I thought I would send you a copy so that you might share it with others who might need the comfort found in it. I love you dearly.


Love,
Jo Ann
A FATHER’S LETTER TO HIS SON



Dear Child,

No one born of his Father would choose to be illegitimate or give up his inheritance - not knowingly. Yet, my child, through discouragement and unbelief you have even questioned that you were my child - questioned my love for you. Have you forgotten how valuable you are to me? Have you forgotten I chose you before you knew me? Have your weaknesses and faults become so magnified in you that you no longer believe that I have forgiven you? I know you. I love you. I long to fellowship with you. Like a father who is tucked away in an "Old Folks' Home" with many children who don't visit him ­ that's how I feel when you stay away day after day.

I'm writing this letter to you because I long to see you face to face. Nothing could give me greater joy than to hear your voice call my name. I have things I want to share with you if you have time to listen. I might just have some wisdom that would help you with your difficulties.
The one seeking to keep us apart has lied to you and told you that I'm angry with you and that I don't want to see you anymore. Believe me, that is not true. Nothing can separate you from my love. Remember how I paid off all your debts so you could be released from prison? Don't let anyone fool you into thinking that you still owe him - trying to put you back behind bars.

Another lie you've been told is that I am ashamed of you - my own child. That too is a lie to separate us. I am not ashamed of you. My own life and blood flow through you. You were created in my image. You need never be ashamed that you are mine.

There is one more thing I want to say before I close. I will always, always love you. I will not turn my face away from you nor will I give your inheritance to another. I'm listening now for the sound of your voice - even a whisper in your heart for me, your Father. Come quickly to meet me. I will run to you my child.

Love,

Father













Given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit to:


JoAnn Parrott January 22, 1998
©Simply
Sonshine

No comments:

Post a Comment